6.14.2007

Weekend Projects

.

Things to tackle over the next few weekends:

1. Figure out book storage

I am still working on this one. The book/catalog/magazine stacks are everywhere..in every room.



-I need to finish the stripping/painting of that Mid Century Salvaged Built-In. I just bought more stripper yesterday.

-Scour Estate Sales in hopes of finding a nice bookcase in solid wood for under $20 (or find plans to make my own).

-I really need to find a nightstand or two in my bedroom similar to this for my books:


.


2. Make new cushions for chair

-I love this chair I purchased right after we moved into the new house. I recently moved it into my room from downstairs though, as I tend to freak out when my daughter or her friends sit in it :/ and figured it would out of harm's way upstairs with me.

-I want to put the original cushions completely away into storage and make new ones with new covers in a simple color/fabric:







-I do not think I could swing this job. Piping scares me, and even with no piping..the covers would have to have zippers (I can't do zippers).

-IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW SEWS AND CAN MAKE CUSHION COVERS AND WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ON THIS JOB FOR ME, PLEASE PLEASE EMAIL ME AT INFO@DAY-LAB.COM !!!
.


3. Ah...the backyard!

-I am still working on The Front Yard, but need to start the back as well.

-I love wild flowers and vines and overgrowth to a degree...I would prefer all that to a completely manicured yard. But the back yard is quickly becoming a forest. Lots of beds that need some care. But first, I would like to clean off all the leaves and growth on this fantastic like brick patio:



Its the perfect little area for some seating/picnic bench/bbq type things.
.

-I am keeping all the vines on the fencing and gate, but the little walkway needs some cleaning up and a few stepping stones:


.

The stepping stones that lead from the screened in porch to the garage are almost completely covered over by grass and need to be cleaned up...and the little brick surrounded circle, which used to contain a fountain, is so so so overgrown. I would love to clear it up and plant something tall there. Also the beds by that garage door are a nightmare right now and could use a little work:






.

I hope it doesn't rain..

But if it does...there is always...

4. The Kitchen!

This will be a nice big job...more on it later..

.

Have a great weekend and be safe!
..

No comments: