5.22.2007

Mid Century Built-In, Crazy Week

.

I wasn't able to post at all last week, it was a hectic one. Dog issues, daughter's extracurricular activities issues, etc etc. I am so happy summer is almost here.
.

My fabric came in for the SEWING ROOM and I am beyond eager to get those window panels done.
.

I started to strip the mid century Built-In that I am converting into a bookcase...but didn't get too far.

Here's a visual of the process/progress thus far..

Example of a mid century built-in:


.

First, after pulling it out of a trash heap in front of a gutted flip house, I hand sawed the old wall attachments off:



Flipped it over....



And the process of stripping:



Part of me wants to strip it down to its original colors of pink and green, and even though it will be imperfect, seal it like that..as is.
..

I also started the deco chairs:



I am not sure what I will do with these either. I have white vinyl for seating, but I am in love with these combinations of fabric and colors too and might somehow incorporate one of them into the chairs somehow:



oh..I can be so indecisive at times...
..
...

No comments: