2.13.2009

The Flu, Canceled Plans, KWB Meeting!

.

-I should be on a boat in Bayou Black with CC Lockwood and the photo workshop right now as I type this, but Lo has been home sick since Wednesday night and I had to cancel the two day workshop. I am glad I signed up for the Atchafalaya photo workshop in April, so I do have that to look forward to. But still, so sad to be missing it.

-Also, I canceled my Las Vegas photo convention trip, which was this weekend/early next week.

-At least Lo is getting this out of the way now, for her sake, so her Mardi Gras vacation will be free to enjoy (two years ago she was sick with the flu the entire Mardi Gras week holiday). She is doing much better this morning too, which is great.
.

-The Great Backyard Bird Count starts today and runs through February 16th. It only takes 15 minutes and I think everyone ought to participate if they can. Click HERE for full details.

-I am suppose to be going to Natchez tomorrow for something in the evening and thought I might look up the backyard bird count there, and there is an event on the grounds of the Melrose Estate that I might try to make if I can leave a bit early. So, it's worth it to check around your area to see if any events are being held for this (great for the kids). There is a list of some events by state HERE.

-Wednesday night the Baton Rouge Audubon Society's Kids Who Bird Meeting will be held at my house. Jane Patterson will give a presentation on Raptors (Eagles, Hawks, Owls, and the like), which will be fun. Also, she is trying to arrange a future visit to LSU's Raptor Rehab for the club. If you have questions, or are interested in joining the club, contact Jane Patterson with the Baton Rouge Audubon Society by email at Education@braudubon.org or by phone at 225-753-7615 for more information.
.

-The past couple of weeks I have been seeing so many Cedar Waxwings (in the trees by the dozens), Night Herons (4 on the lake daily), Yellow Rumped Warblers, Terns, Gulls, Egrets, Kingfishers (2 on the lake daily), Black Vultures, and a crazy amount of Doves...

-More Daffodils are blooming!

Eurasian Collared Doves in Natchez


Daffodils


One of the Night Herons


Tern fishing on the lake

.

Gong to play catch up now.
..

No comments: