9.16.2007

Bedroom Work Progress

.

This weekend Ryan and I worked on my daughter's room, which is part of her birthday present. We haven't done anything in this room yet, because we knew we would eventually be painting...getting new items for organization etc. So, it has been pretty much a mess since we moved in.

First thing we did was paint. Valspar's Filtered Shade (it's a gray), that I had left over from my room, on the walls and white on the woodwork:

Before:


After painting, with pink nightstand and some fabric we will eventually use in the room for throw pillows:



.

Second thing I had decided was to use the Until Dawn curtains over fabric/sheets for window treatments. We decided on black over white:



But, the Unitl Dawn curtain just wouldn't lay how we wanted it to, and it was very stiff and difficult to move. So, every time someone wanted to pull them back or close them up, I had a sneaking suspicion that it may cause damage to the very rigid curtains.

They unfortunately weren't as functional as I had imagined them to be. So, I will use them in other parts of the room. For now we just left the white ($2.50 a piece) sheet/curtains up. I will make some fun tie backs with the fabric we have for the room, and this should add some color to them:


.

The bed area is not done, but I did get a lot done for it. We painted the bookshelves white, and have half of the bedding done.

We still need to put up pictures/wall decor things that we are currently working on, make throw pillows, put her books back in the bookcase etc etc...
..
Before:

.

Progress:




I am painting her bed this week, probably white, but we are entertaining the idea of black chalkboard paint.

Above her bed we put the super old silk bird branch we found at an estate sale some time ago:


.

Also, I want to get her a white Matelasse coverlet and pillow sham with scalloped edges to go over the pink comforter:


I think it will break up the pink a bit and soften some of the hard edges brought in by the night stand.
.

The desk area still needs a cork board above the desk and a little filing cabinet/storage cabinet to the right of the desk.

Before:


Progress:






The shelf above is one of the shelves we found on the side of the road in front of a little 1930's cottage a couple weeks ago. I just repainted it and repaired some the hanging brackets. I used some of the Until Dawn curtain above the shelf too. I think that worked out well for an accent. Lo is happy to have a place for knick knacks and things, finally.
..

That's it for the weekend..I am beat. We have another half of the room to work on, but it should be pretty easy. Hopefully I will have more to share of that by the end of next weekend.
...

www.day-lab.com
....

No comments: