4.06.2009

Atchafalaya Weekend #2

-Sunday I went canoe paddling with CC Lockwood and a group through the Grand Lake area of the Atchafalaya Basin. I had CC as a canoe partner, which I was so grateful for because I haven't paddled since I was 12 and was kinda anxious. My arms are little sore today, but not as bad as I had expected.

A few photos from Sunday 04/05/09:

Early in the day


CC taking a photo of the group


Duckweed, which seems to change from silver to green depending on the light.


Cypress


CC and a Fishing Spider


Cypress stump remnant


The sunset






We waited until the sunset was gone then paddled slowly back in the moonlight (and thankfully it was quite a full moon) . We were quiet and I saw fireflies and the frogs, crickets and other Atchafalaya critters surrounded us and they were all I could hear. It was one of the best experiences ever. I really want a canoe now...
.

I have a lot more photos to go through and post...
Such a fun weekend and the weather was just beautiful.

...............

1 comment:

jessica said...

wow that looks like so much fun! if only chicago had areas like that. beautiful photos as always.