1.24.2009

Tiger Truck Stop

.

Today I happened to stop at the Tiger Truck Stop Gas Station in Grosse Tete, La.
I haven't been there in ages, but the tiger that has been living there on a slab of concrete in a ridiculously small cage has been there as a gimmicky road side attraction for 8 years. It kinda breaks your heart to see...

When I got home there was a petition in my email inbox (sent by a friend) which happened to be about this tiger and is urging state officials to have him relocated to a sanctuary (which I think many have been trying to make happen for probably 8 years)...so, I thought I would post this video and a link to the petition...



Link to the petition HERE

More info:
Free Tony
Big Cat Rescue

Update:
There was a hearing on January 20th...read more/watch part of the hearing HERE
.