8.21.2008

Sedaris, It's Lovely

.

This evening I started pulling the weedy vines and overgrowth in the backyard.
I switched to proper garden shoes and garden socks. Flats are probably never a good idea while pulling weeds.

.

Pearl...

.

I bought the new David Sedaris book When You Are Engulfed in Flames a couple of months ago, then hid it away.

I prefer to listen to his audio books b/c he has a great story telling voice and hearing him read the essays makes them all the more funny. I bought the book b/c he had a book signing at Barnes and Noble in June (which I missed for an inexcusable reason) and I wanted at least one of the leftover autographed copies. I have been fighting the urges to read it b/c I am holding out for the audio cd, but this past week I caved.

This is my favorite already, and I am not even done. And really, any book that references What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? in the first 20 pages is probably bound to be a favorite.
.

Also, this blog has been providing so much entertainment for me lately, it's almost ridiculous:
It's Lovely! I'll Take it! A collection of poorly chosen photos from real estate listings

.

goodnight~
www.day-lab.com
..

No comments: