7.13.2008

Escape Artists

Farrah and the kittens escaped from the screen porch late last night or early this morning through a tiny loose part of the screening. I am so so so disappointed and angry at myself for not noticing/fixing it yesterday. Also, I am worried I may have lost all of Farrah's trust and that she may stay clear of here now.

We did bring Sufi though. I signed him in and then handed him over to a Cat Haven volunteer so I could come back and check the trap again for Farrah and kitties...but the trap was empty. There were so many feral kittens it was heart-breaking, and I left only ten minutes after intake began, so I can only imagine how many more there will be. It makes me want to trap-spay/neuter-release feral cats and kittens for a living, if I could.

I go back at 3:30 pm to pick up Sufi.
I was told I could call at any point in the week should I happen to re-catch Farrah and/or the kittens and could work spaying/neutering out then...so that makes me feel a bit better.

I am going to price large cages now, since the screen porch is not secure enough.

1 comment:

lsaspacey said...

Oh, too bad. I hope they come back and give you another chance.