4.17.2008

Shade Garden, Wildflowers

.

A small update on the Shade Garden in progress, backyard wildflowers etc.

The Bird Arbor Shade Garden is coming along. I have been amazed by how much the Bleeding Heart and Astilbe have grown over the past couple of weeks.

Over the past week or so I have added:
-Caladiums (which were bulbs I planted in a pot not too long ago)
-Another of the Hostas
-Blushing Bride Tradescantia

And I transferred some of the ferns from around the yard into this bed.

Astilbe:

.

Bleeding Hearts:



.

White Feather Hosta:

.

Caladium:

..

Some wildflowers from the yard:






..

And, lastly, I picked up a few plants from the Hodge Podge this past weekend:
-Jack in the Pulpit
-Indian Pink
-Ice Plant
-Oxalis

They are all waiting to be transplanted.

Indian Pink (Spigelia marilandica):

.

Oxalis or Wood Sorrel (Oxalis regnellii atropurpurea):

.

And...the little backyard Green Heron:

..

www.day-lab.com
...

No comments: