5.27.2007

The Lost Bird Bath

I decided Memorial Day Weekend would be a good one to get some outside work done, since I rarely have time for digging in the dirt during the week.

I don't know much about plants, flowers, gardening etc., but when I moved in I did know that the wildflowers and shrubs had been long neglected and the overgrowth was pretty severe.

For instance, next to the driveway in the front yard, I noticed there was actually a lost bird bath hiding in the overgrowth of Azaleas and Lantanas. I have been wanting to get that area cleaned up so the bird bath could be of actual use...and yesterday it finally saw the light of day once again:




Picture of the bird bath through the overgrowth:



Progress after a lot of pruning:









.

Still a lot to work to do...
but its so nice to be able to actually see the bath now.
.......

No comments: