4.11.2007

Furniture and TV Lamps

We currently don't have much furniture at all. Aside from beds, a couple of desks and chest of drawers, and some chairs...the house is pretty empty.

Our trip to the Houston IKEA to stock up on budget wise pieces like a couch, end tables, lamps, bookcases was (hopefully temporarily) postponed due to Bailey's heart condition. She takes her medicine three times a day, and I currently don't have any one who is available all day to tend to her. I did think about possibly hiding her in a baby carrier with a bonnet on her head and just bringing her along on the trip..into the IKEA. I think it might work.

In the meantime I have been researching furniture...lines, shades, finishes, styles etc. These are some of things (non-IKEA) I am enamored with currently...

For seating:


.


For bookcases, armoires (to hide TV), end tables, nightstands etc:


.


And I have a recent obsession with lining the back wall of the living room with larger sized nesting boxes and scattering art pottery/drip glaze lamps and animal themed TV Lamps in various colors about..on, in, and between the boxes..it would be so pretty at night:


.

I just wish shipping sofas and armoires wasn't so expensive....

...

P.S. day-lab updates coming this weekend! Stay tuned.

....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those nesting tables and the first group of sofas and chairs. I am always searching for mid-century furniture and I am sure IKEA is going to have so many options for you.

Their designers always seem to copy cat some great pieces. Just make sure the quality is alright, their stuff doesn't hold up too well!

day-lab Blog said...

oh, yes-options galore. i already have the necessities marked in my IKEA catalog. i lovr it. the majority of my furniture for the past several years has been IKEA (mainly due to budget and having a young child and dogs who can tend to ruin things from time to time---and all my pieces are still intact! :)

Michelle said...

those turquoise couches are amazing. The color is fantastic! I've often thought about just buying some couch from ikea or some other reasonably priced place and just re-upholstering it but I'm not sure how much better it would look.