11.10.2008

Paroquet + Test Prints

.

Today I got back some test prints of some 35mm scans. I am fairly pleased with this round. Next, I need to send off files from the D300. I imagine the quality/clarity should only be better.


.

The colors in this Carolina Paroquet are far more beautiful than I could have imagined (the background is gray-gray and not beige-gray, as I had thought). It just gets me motivated to get started on the neverending Living Room again. I really have been procrastinating for awhile now.


I posted it a few months ago(looking beige-gray) over HERE (see below):


.

I have been pretty interested in black and white and/or monochromatic landscape photographs (and portraits a bit) lately...


Alvin Langdon Coburn
.


Ansel Adams
.


Edward Weston, 1929
.


George Barker, 1880 albumen print
.


Jed Devine, 1944 palladium print
.


Yousuf Karsh 1956 photograph of Georgia O'Keeffe
..

4 comments:

Hollie said...

I am wondering why you are calling it a paroquet? Is that the name the artist gave it.
Just curious

day-lab Blog said...

Hi Hollie-

Yes, the title of that Serigraph is Carolina Paroquet.

Ans also the word paroquet refers to: any of numerous small slender long-tailed parrots [syn: parakeet, parrakeet, parroket, paraquet, parroquet]

:)

Amy

Hollie said...

oh ha! I asked because I'm an ornithologist, and I don't see people refering to them as paroquet's anymore, just parakeets!

I've included Carolina's in my thesis, well what remains of them (in my case there skeletons) I wish they were still around

day-lab Blog said...

yeah, i know. me too.
they were so colorful too..it would be amazing to see these guys still hanging out in the trees. :(

Amy