11.07.2008

Changeling Hats, Coats, Dresses, Pins....

.

Yesterday I took my mom to see Changeling, as she had been wanting to see it for awhile. I didn't know much about the movie, and now wish I had before agreeing to see it. It was so disturbing and depressing and I had trouble sleeping last night because of it.

So, in trying to avoid the disturbing bits, I tried to focus on the non-disturbing bits and I must say the dresses, coats, hats, and pins (and also the set design of her bungalow) were amazing. It was set in 1928 and instantly reminded me of the photos from the 1928 McCalls magazine I posted awhile back over HERE. In the first few minutes of the movie I noticed the Bakelite and wood acorn brooch she wears on her coat, and was more than amused:





One of the dresses:


Celluloid brooch and I love the collar on this coat:


But, my favorite banded waist dress/grey coat/black white hat ensemble was at the end of the movie (scene set in 1935) and I can not find any pictures of it...so if any one runs across it, let me know...I am determined to make that grey coat one day..if I can ever find a picture of it.
.

1 comment:

Shawna Herring Photography said...

I stumbled across your blog while searching for cloche hats that I fell in love with from the movie as well and I nodded in agreement at how disturbing the movie was. I love the clothes in the movie and that was about it.