10.02.2008

New Fall Plants

.

I lost some plants during Gustav, so I recently picked up some new plants at the Hodge Podge at Hilltop.






.

Some have been transplanted..some not just yet.

My tiny Fire Spike (Odontonema stricta):

.

My Skullcap (Scutellaria) 'Bluebird':

.

Abutilon Flowering Maple, a picture I took last May.
Hummingbirds love this plant:

.

Some Verbana and Sage I picked up from another Nursery, as well:



.

Not my pictures, but pictures I found of flowering Native Crinum or Swamp Lily (Crinum Americanum):


Flowering Fragrant Garlic (Tulbagia fragrans pink):


And...Rice Paper Plant (Tetrapanax papyriferus) which is more like a small tree, and the leaves can get so large and tall and hang over one's head like a parasol.

.

I also want to start a little herb garden. I already have Rosemary, Lavender, Lemon Thyme in the ground. And I recently bought seeds of:

-mint
-oregano
-basil
-salvia
-cat nip

And I have Pole Beans, that my friend Sarah got from her father's garden, to plant too. The seeds apparently store well, I read, so I will wait until after the last frost. I am actually really wanting to try out a vegetable garden anyway, so perhaps this would be a good start.
...

No comments: