3.08.2008

8:20 Coffee + Work

.

This morning it's a cup of coffee, then work work work.

Last weekend, we had a bit of time in the morning to go to the Hilltop Arboretum.

I wanted to see what was available in the Hodge Podge, and there was quite a bit I would love to go back and get for the back yard.

Hodge Podge:


Ginger Lily:


Iris:



I also realized, I may be able to donate some of the overcrowded Magnolia, Oak, and other tree seedlings to the Hodge Podge, since I have been unable to pull them out and discard of them (I just can't do it). This way, they will eventually find a home with enough space to flourish.

Also in visiting the Hilltop Arboretum, I was hoping I could identify some plants in my yard. And I did, finally...thankfully.
.

Other Hilltop Pictures:











.

Current garden book recommendation:

House and Garden's Book of Gardening
Richardson Wright, 1940


.

I just got a copy of this book, and Wright makes it so easy to follow, especially for someone like me who really knows nothing about gardening and is just starting out. And...it covers a ton of gardening subjects.


.

Also, he includes instructional/identifying drawings on each subject, which is a plus for a visual learner like myself (i.e. I actually appreciate IKEA's pictorial instructions). It makes it so much easier to remember, understand, and recognize by having these illustrations.


.

There are a handful available at Abe Books right now, starting at $7.99.
Click HERE to view.
.

No comments: