2.11.2008

Garden Shoes + Goldfinches, Hiding Doves

.

Today was the first day back to work sans Flu (although, I did have a to rest a bit throughout the day). I had forgotten how never-ending it can start to feel..how you don't feel 'normal' for quite some time.
.

I also broke down and bought a pair of garden shoes, after realizing my current shoes are now sporting their 3rd new hole.

And these were affordable and look very comfy. I got the grayish color called Pearl. I look forward to the whole hosing-down-option I will have now too. No more holey canvas sneakers dragging dirt and mud into the house every other day.


.

I also bought a new book. I pretty much read everything I could find in the house last week while bored and sick in bed.


The Thing About Life Is That One Day You'll Be Dead
by David Shields
.

Yesterday I put up a thistle feeder for the smaller finch and finch-like birds. I wanted to see the Goldfinches before they leave for the winter. During lunch, I glanced out the window and there were four feeding on the thistle. It was the highlight of my day.

I once helped a little Goldfinch recover from a little cat fight when I was about 11 or 12 years old. It was the first time I had ever seen one, and I really haven't seen many since.
.

From this evening, while filling the bird feeders.
A mourning dove pair that frequents the yard...I found them hiding...


.

No comments: