1.26.2008

Vintage Surprises...

.

Since Thrusday of this past week I have been wading through boxes and boxes and probably over 130 lbs. worth of new stock (vintage/dead stock) for day-lab. I hope to be at least 50% done for Sunday night.


.

Lots of things are bagged in lots and so I really don't get to see 100% of what is in them until I get it all home and can fish through the bags, as I have been doing over the past few days. One neat part of this are the cool surprises that I find. A few worth noting below.

Oh, the gorgeous cufflinks...thermosetting plastics, Lucite, reverse painted intaglio glass, fantastic enameling...women's fabric and plastic florals:



.

I love Whiting & Davis.
These are still bagged with their price tags:



.

I also love Coro and Vendome animal pins.
The crane/bird of paradise is Vendome and the Whale is Coro:

.

Coro plastic pins made in France (I love the Art Deco-ish design on the teapot).
These still have their tags attached:

.

I really like coming across samples..salesman's sample etc..b/c there is a chance (esp. for sampled marked items) that they might be a one off design, never produced again. These are two moonglow-like plastic pins marked SAMPLE:

.

A couple of faux tortoise pins, another thing I like to collect:

.

And the Holy Grail of the bunch...A very large 3.5" across heavily carved ivory Bakelite pin with an old C clasp in working order. When I saw it my heart skipped a beat:

.

I was equally excited when I found these... still in their original packaging old tie backs for curtains and shade pulls. I have recently starting researching these a bit, so this was a super neat find:




My favorite shade pulls are the little Dutch girl with flowers and the strange black cat tea kettle:



.

Back to work for me..still so much to go through and tag and photograph and upload..etc..
..

www.day-lab.com
...

2 comments:

Glamourshoes said...

These new things look fantastic! I will probably be making an order this week. So glad you had a nice trip away--it's been so cold here, it couldn't have been much different up north. My girls loved the things I ordered for them for Christmas and I think my oldest has already been placing orders of her own. Your chair looks great, by the way. My brother and I found some similar furniture for his apartment in N.O., but we have been struggling to find just the right fabric. Looking forward to shopping soon.

day-lab Blog said...

For fabric you should check out finnstyle.com
I love love Marimekko fabric and I think you would too. :)

I am so happy to hear the girls loved the xmas presents!

sis you get to hit the Hell's Kitchen Market while you were in NYC in January???

Amy