10.17.2007

Assassin Bugs, Bulbs, Brick Finds

.

This week so far in digital snapshots...the spare minutes here and there in between the work:

1.) I spied on the turtles in the lake.




2.) I just realized Monarch Caterpillars have been feasting on my Butterfly Weed this week, and they are getting huge.



.

3.) I discovered that what I thought was a brick border to a plant bed (which I previously labeled Patio Bed), is really a little brick palette for a BBQ pit. This is the area right behind the Brick Patio (behind the chair in the photo):



After a little clearing:


And more clearing:


There is actually a wood (now rather rotten) bordered bed behind it, which once contained roses, according to a plant label I found there today also, with some BBQ pit remnants that are old and rusty and were buried under at least 3 inches of debris:

.

4.) I noticed that the Muck Sunflowers which have not fallen down, due to their own weight or from vines, are now towering at 8 to 12 feet:


5.) I noticed that my Muscari Bulbs that I planted a couple weeks ago, which I wrote about over HERE, are growing and growing. I am relieved.



.

6.) Realized that the weather has been so nice, that I wish I could be outside all day long.
..

www.day-lab.com
...

No comments: