8.06.2007

Tulip Chair Finds

.

I have always loved the old metal Tulip metal patio chairs..and the variations of this chair. When I come across them in antique shops they are always at least $80 a piece, even rusted and tattered and missing paint.

So, I was really happy to find repros of them at Montgomery Wards online. The price isn't too high and they are available in 5 colors.

I hope they don't sell out too soon:




...

Speaking of Tulip chairs....Ryan tells me this weekend that he saw a chair on the side of the road that he thinks I might like...after his description I thought, 'It must be a Tulip Chair..at least a knock off of the Eero Saarinen for Knoll Tulip Chair'. So, we went to pick it up...and there it was waiting for the garbage truck...a dirty, but in good condition, Tulip chair:


.

And, to our surprise it WAS NOT a knock off at all, but a Knoll::


.
...

2 comments:

anabela / fieldguided said...

You have the BEST luck! Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now that's an amazing find.